- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 3 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping and vanilla until smooth; fold in marshmallow creme. Cut apples vertically into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and water; toss apples in lemon juice mixture. Drain.
- Using Halloween cutters, cut out the center of each slice. Serve apple slices and cutouts with dip. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Fluffy Caramel Apple Dip
Sort By :
"Easy & Delicious!!!"
"This was really easy and good. My kids devoured it. I will say that it is extremely sweet, so you may want to taste it before adding the brown sugar--you may not feel it needs the extra sugar. Next time, I will experiment with either a little cinnamon and nutmeg, or a chopped heath bar on top. I will also offer those thin gingerman pepperidge farm cookies as dippers. I will say that we found Smuckers caramel topping to be a LOT better tasting, and thicker than Hershey's."
"I picked two bushel baskets of apples at my in-law's house. I had a party to go to and decided to try this recipe. It was easy, it was quick, and it was delicious. It was so good that when all the apples were gone people were dipping celery from another dip into this dip. I will make this again and again. Gluten free too!"
"I prefer a Gala apple or Honey Crisp to the Granny Smith. I sprinkle the top with toasted pecans and toffee bits. My friends couldn't keep away from this. Also I soaked the apples in Sprite instead of the lemon juice."
"We loved this dip with Granny Smith apples and will definitely make again. Next time, though, I will use pineapple juice instead of lemon juice. You could taste the lemon juice a little and it was too sour against the sweet dip. Pineapple juice will prevent the apples from turning brown and hopefully not compete with the dip."