- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp; add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper until almost smooth. Slowly pour over bacon and onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Baked Eggs and Bacon in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p15
Reviews for Fluffy Baked Eggs and Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review