Fluffy Bacon-Cheese Frittata Recipe
My four best friend and I frequently rely on this recipe. Alongside English muffins and fresh fruit, this frittata makes a hearty, wholesome breakfast. —Sheryl Holsten, Alexandria, Minnesota
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, milk, flour and paprika until smooth. Add Swiss cheese. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture.
- 3. Pour over onion in skillet; cover and cook on medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 412 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 246mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Fluffy Bacon-Cheese Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC