Flowerpot Dirt Cake Recipe
Every year I host a luncheon to welcome spring. I like to surprise my friends and leave them with a special memory. This delicious cake does the trick. Sometimes people are a little hesitant because they don't think you can really eat out of a clay flowerpot, but once I explain that the pot is new, clean and lined with foil, they like the idea and dig right in!—Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 new flowerpot (8 x 10 inches)
- Silk flowers
- Candy gummy worms
- 1. In a food processor or blender, crush cookies until fine. Set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. In another bowl, mix pudding and milk until well blended. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. In the flowerpot, alternate layers of cookie crumbs and pudding mixture, ending with crumbs. Chill several hours or overnight. Decorate with silk flowers and gummy worms. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Flowerpot Dirt Cake
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2009
"I used Oreo pudding last Easter. I will make more this year because we ran out last year.It was very entertaining to see the looks on people's faces when my son started eating out of the centerpiece:)Liz"
Reviewed May. 17, 2008
"its really good with chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. Kat"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC