- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 16 pieces Fruit by the Foot
- 24 large green gumdrops
- 48 large assorted gumdrops
- 48 pretzel sticks
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut three 9-in. pieces from each fruit roll piece (save small pieces for another use). With a small pastry brush, lightly brush water on one end of a fruit strip. Wrap around bottom of cupcake; press ends together. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. Lightly brush water on one side of remaining fruit strips; fold in half lengthwise. Brush one end with water; wrap around cupcake top, slightly overlapping bottom fruit strip.
- Press each gumdrop into a 1-1/4-in. circle. With scissors, cut each green gumdrop into four leaf shapes; set aside. Cut one end of each remaining gumdrop into a tulip shape. Gently press a pretzel into each tulip-shaped gumdrop. Gently press gumdrop leaves onto pretzels. Press two flowers into the top of each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forFlowerpot Cupcakes
"don't put the preztels in too early or they'll get soggy. they were a lot of time but very fun for a special birthday"
"These were very cute, but a pain to make. They took forever and they did not even taste that great."