- 1 medium honeydew melon
- 2 red apple slices
- 2 large fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- 2 navel orange slices (1/4 inch thick), halved
- Cut melon in half lengthwise (from top to bottom), cut three 1/4-in.-thick slices from one half. Remove and discard rind and seeds; set slices aside for flower stem and leaves. Cover and refrigerate remaining melon for another use.
- For flower, place apple slices, peel side out, at the top of a large plate. Cut one strawberry into four slices; arrange on top of apples. Cut second berry into quarters; set aside for butterflies. Trim one melon slice to 1/2-in. width; position under flower for stem. Cut remaining melon slices into leaf shapes; place next to stem. Add mint for additional leaves if desired.
- Arrange butterflies on either side of flower. Place two orange slice halves, peel side together, to form wings. Place a strawberry quarter in the center of each set of wings for butterfly body (use remaining strawberry pieces of another use). Yield: 1 fruit plate.
Originally published as Flower with Butterflies in Country Woman May/June 2002, p36
Reviews for Flower with Butterflies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review