- 6 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Using a zest stripper or paring knife, cut a lengthwise strip on each carrot, forming a notch. Repeat at equals intervals around carrot. Repeat with zucchini. Cut carrots and zucchini into 1/4-in. slices; set zucchini aside.
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the carrots, celery, onion, broth, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and reserved zucchini; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Flower Garden Soup in Country Woman March/April 2001, p11
Reviews for Flower Garden Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review