- Trim 1/4 in. from each corner of opposite end. With a small pastry
- brush, lightly brush water on one end of marshmallow; dip in sugar.
- Lightly brush water on sides and bottom of marshmallow so top of
- petal is 1/2 in. above sugared end (see photo below).
- Repeat five times, overlapping the side of each petal by 1/8 in. Fold
- bottom of petals under marshmallow, overlapping tapered ends Brush
- with water if needed to hold petals together. Insert a skewer
- through petals into center of marshmallow. Insert a gumdrop into the
- other end of skewer to hold marshmallow in place.
- Frost top and sides of cake; place cookies vertically around cake.
- Just before serving, insert flowers into cake, trimming bottom of
- skewers to varied lengths Yield: 8 servings of cake plus 9 hyacinths
- and 6 tulips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 631 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 108 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.