Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
One bite of fudgy Flourless Chocolate Cake and you'll see why it's pure pleasure for confirmed chocoholics! A small slice of this rich, dense dessert goes a long way.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache, optional
- 1/4 cup finely ground pecans, toasted
- Sliced strawberries and fresh mint, optional
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, 1/4 cup sugar and chocolates over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool until mixture is lukewarm.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in pecans and chocolate mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Stir a small amount of whites into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whites.
- 4. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan and cool completely. Frost with Chocolate Ganache if desired. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 138 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC