Moist, dense and chocolatey describes this rich cake. A silky chocolate ganache infused with rosemary really takes this dessert over the top.—Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Line the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease the paper. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter and wine over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold in chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until outer edges are set (center will jiggle). Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and rosemary just to a boil. Remove from the heat; discard rosemary. Pour cream over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cake. Chill until set. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p39
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2013
"Absolutely awesome. I get requests to make this!!!"