Flounder Zucchini Bundles
A lovely hint of lemon carries the flavors of this colorful meal-in-one. "My husband is not a fish eater, but he certainly enjoys this recipe," writes Isabelle Rooney from Summerville, South Carolina.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- For each bundle, place two fillets on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (18 in. x 15 in.); sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Top
- with lemon slices, zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle with dill and
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake
- at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bundle equals 159 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot