- 8 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- For each bundle, place two fillets on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (18 in. x 15 in.); sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Top with lemon slices, zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle with dill and basil.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder Zucchini Bundles
"This recipe was okay. The lemon was nice with the fish and veggies."
"It was very light and would be a great hot weather dinner. I did one packet with salmon and one with flounder . Both turned out well. I thought the veggies tasted really nice and lemony - added in some thinly sliced yellow squash as well. I used fresh dill across the top but the dried basil. I didn't feel like the fish really got the basil/dill flavor but the lemon made it taste nice. Maybe next time I might dot the fish with a little butter as well. Solid but not spectacular. Overall thumbs up."
"I used fresh herbs from our garden and it turned out really good. I used home grown zucchini & tomatoes and it was very tasty. My husband doesn't like tomatoes or zucchini so I omitted those from his packet. The flounder had a nice fresh taste. For sides I had red potatoes and corn on the cob. Best of all, it was easy to clean. We'll be having this again."