Flounder with Shrimp Stuffing Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 6 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add broth, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce, dill, chives, salt and cayenne; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed flounder fillet equals 357 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.