Flounder with Shrimp Stuffing for 2 Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add the broth, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce, dill, chives, salt and cayenne; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 353 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Flounder with Shrimp Stuffing for 2
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.