- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 6 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add broth, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce, dill, chives, salt and cayenne; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder with Shrimp Stuffing
"I followed this recipe exactly, only omitting the pimento s. This won rave reviews and 2nds from my finicky 14 year old. DEFINITE keeper!"
"Why would you use beef broth instead of clam broth? Way too much bread crumbs and fish filets too small."
"Great dish.very rich.Toned it down a little with a salad"
"I made this tonight, and was very pleased with the outcome, I used cooked shrimp, since that is all I had, and skipped the cooking procedure, other than that followed the recipe exactly, will definitely do it again.can't wait to serve it to company! thanks Marie for the recipe. this is a keeper!"
"I used lump crab claw meat instead of shrimp, my husband gets gout from shrimp. I wanted to eat the stuffing by itself, yummy! I had a bit of stuffing left and made little crab cakes with it. I'm sure its just as good with the shrimp. Everyone loved this dish."