Flounder With Shrimp Sauce Recipe
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Sprinkle each flounder fillet with lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roll each fillet around a shrimp and secure with a toothpick. Chop remaining shrimp; set aside. Arrange rolled fillets seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour; gradually add the milk, mustard, white pepper and remaining salt until blended. Add remaining shrimp. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and shrimp turn pink. Serve sauce over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 253 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 666mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Flounder With Shrimp Sauce
"This was good but not outstanding. I thought the sauce could have used a bit more flavor."
"I have made this recipe several times. It looks complicated, but it really isn't. Easy to make and absolutely delicious!"
"loved this. Was quick, pretty easy and looked/tasted amazing! Will make this again!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.