- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Sprinkle each flounder fillet with lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roll each fillet around a shrimp and secure with a toothpick. Chop remaining shrimp; set aside. Arrange rolled fillets seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour; gradually add the milk, mustard, white pepper and remaining salt until blended. Add remaining shrimp. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and shrimp turn pink. Serve sauce over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder With Shrimp Sauce
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe several times. It looks complicated, but it really isn't. Easy to make and absolutely delicious!"
"loved this. Was quick, pretty easy and looked/tasted amazing! Will make this again!"