Flounder With Shrimp Sauce Recipe
Carolyn Glassmoyer wraps flounder around succulent shrimp in this elegant from-the-sea favorite. Its delicate fish flavor melds perfectly with the milk mustard sauce, she notes from Shillington, Pennsylvania.
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Sprinkle each flounder fillet with lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roll each fillet around a shrimp and secure with a toothpick. Chop remaining shrimp; set aside. Arrange rolled fillets seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour; gradually add the milk, mustard, white pepper and remaining salt until blended. Add remaining shrimp. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and shrimp turn pink. Serve sauce over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flounder With Shrimp Sauce in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder With Shrimp Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >