Flounder with Mushroom and Onion Stuffing Recipe
"I've been making this recipe for my family for the last 20 years," relates Joanne Matt of Howell, New Jersey. "I've shared it with my sisters, too. Everyone seems to like the flavorful mushroom and onion stuffing wrapped inside the tender fillets."
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (6 each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper in 2 teaspoons oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in bread crumbs. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon juice; spread evenly with vegetable mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining oil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Flounder in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder with Mushroom and Onion Stuffing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2013
Light dish - my husband enjoyed this. I served it with rice and steamed vegetables.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >