Flounder with Mushroom and Onion Stuffing Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (6 each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper in 2 teaspoons oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in bread crumbs. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon juice; spread evenly with vegetable mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining oil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder with Mushroom and Onion Stuffing
Sort By :
I had smaller flounder filets, so I decreased the mushrooms and chopped them before cooking. The dish was different and reminded me of stuffed shells. Fresh ingredients are key.
Light dish - my husband enjoyed this. I served it with rice and steamed vegetables.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >