Flounder with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Place the flounder in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with salt and lemon-pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with flounder. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Flounder with Cucumber Sauce
"I really like the sauce on this recipe. However I have a thing against microwaving fish. So I cook my fish in a skillet instead using butter and the lemon pepper seasoning. It takes about the same amount of time as it calls for in this recipe to microwave it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.