Flounder Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in egg. Spread over fillets; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cream and sherry or broth; pour over roll-ups.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°. Remove roll-ups and keep warm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Add cream sauce from the baking dish. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over roll-ups. Yield: 2 servings.
2 roll-ups equals 519 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Flounder Roll-Ups
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.