Flounder Packets Recipe
- 2 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with red pepper, cucumber and onion. Combine the soy sauce, oil and ginger; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 172 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Flounder Packets
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.