- 2 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with red pepper, cucumber and onion. Combine the soy sauce, oil and ginger; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Flounder Packets
Sort By :
Dang, it sounded good, but mine turned into packets of mush! Yuck...the flounder was fresh when I bought it, but I froze it....perhaps that made this happen even though I dried them on paper towels 1st?!
Baked this the other day ago. It tastes excellent, the fish comes out perfectly cooked, and it is simple to prepare. Can't ask for more than that.