Flounder Florentine Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Sprinkle spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fillets.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour over fillets; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.