Flounder Florentine Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fillets.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over fillets; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flounder Florentine(7)
Sort By :
I was disappointed. I read all the great reviews and found it very bland. Usually I have better luck with these recipes!
This is so good - I made it twice in a week! Layered asparagus spears on top of the flounder - so yummy!
i am trying to introduce fish into the family diet. I was looking for a different type of fish in the market, but came home with this instead. I didn't have the frozen spinach, but a bag of fresh. So we made the fish as directed, and made a spinach salad on the side! It was quick, simple, and every one cleaned their plates. Thanks for yet another simple meal!! :)
Very good, simple and easy. Definitely doesn't taste "healthy."
I did change it up a bit. First I used fresh halibut. I seasoned it and the spinach with salt and pepper.
The onions I sweated with garlic. For the topping I used fresh grated parmesan and Hot paprika for a kick!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >