Florida Seafood Casserole Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, shrimp, crab, water chestnuts, lemon juice, pimientos, parsley and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Florida Seafood Casserole
Sort By :
this tasted good.I felt it needed a little more liquid because it came out a little on the dry side.