Florida Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, orange juice, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange marmalade and confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 361 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Florida Orange Cake
"Delicious, moist cake! My guests said it was like Starbuck's lemon cake but moister. I made a froosting with 8 oz cream cheese, 1 stick butter, 3 c powdered sugar, 3 T orange juice & 1/2 t of fiori di sicilia (sold at King Arthur's website). Excellent orange cake!"
"Fabulous, but with changes even better--I use fresh orange juice, 1 t. vanilla extract,4 eggs and 1/4 c. sugar for cake. In the frosting I use fresh orange zest and juice."
"Wonderfully simple and really tasty. I didn't have any marmalade in the house, so I just used orange juice to taste."
"i added an extra T of marmalade in icing, and a drop of almond, very good...i still need to make it more orangey...but it's tastey! very moist. my cake slighty concaved in the center, not sank, just a dip...odd. But, i like the cake:0)"
"Love this cake. Very moist and delicious."