This recipe is a perfect showcase for our Florida oranges, with juice in the cake and marmalade in the frosting. Everyone comments on how moist the cake is.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, orange juice, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange marmalade and confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Florida Orange Cake in Country Extra May 2005, p51
Reviews for Florida Orange Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2013
"Fabulous, but with changes even better--I use fresh orange juice, 1 t. vanilla extract,4 eggs and 1/4 c. sugar for cake. In the frosting I use fresh orange zest and juice."
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
"Wonderfully simple and really tasty. I didn't have any marmalade in the house, so I just used orange juice to taste."
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2010
"Love this cake. Very moist and delicious."