- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, orange juice, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange marmalade and confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Florida Orange Cake
"Delicious, moist cake! My guests said it was like Starbuck's lemon cake but moister. I made a froosting with 8 oz cream cheese, 1 stick butter, 3 c powdered sugar, 3 T orange juice & 1/2 t of fiori di sicilia (sold at King Arthur's website). Excellent orange cake!"
"Fabulous, but with changes even better--I use fresh orange juice, 1 t. vanilla extract,4 eggs and 1/4 c. sugar for cake. In the frosting I use fresh orange zest and juice."
"This cake is unbelievably moist! Made it for Thanksgiving dessert and then again for my daughters 7th birthday! Instant hit!"
"Wonderfully simple and really tasty. I didn't have any marmalade in the house, so I just used orange juice to taste."
"i added an extra T of marmalade in icing, and a drop of almond, very good...i still need to make it more orangey...but it's tastey! very moist. my cake slighty concaved in the center, not sank, just a dip...odd. But, i like the cake:0)"