- refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, onions, bread crumbs,
- cilantro, jerk seasoning, garlic and salt. Place fish in a food
- processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add to egg white
- mixture and mix well. Shape into six burgers.
- Spray both sides of burgers with cooking spray. Moisten a paper towel
- with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill
- rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- Serve each on a roll with lettuce, avocado and 5 teaspoons tropical
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 353 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.