Florets with Parmesan Sauce Recipe
For a simple but winning side dish, try this broccoli and cauliflower drizzled with a smooth sauce. I sprinkle extra Parmesan on top just before serving.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, cream and mustard. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, onion powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Place vegetables in a serving bowl; drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Florets with Parmesan Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC