- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, cream and mustard. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, onion powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Place vegetables in a serving bowl; drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Florets with Parmesan Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p51
Reviews for Florets with Parmesan Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review