Floret Salad Recipe
Full of zesty flavor, this salad tastes especially good paired with grilled hamburgers, according to Donna Dell of McPherson, Kansas. "After my youngest daughter left for college, I adjusted the recipe to serve just two, and it still satisfies," she says.
- 2/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole cashews
- In a small bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Floret Salad in Country Woman May/June 2004, p37
Reviews for Floret Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010
I make a very similar salad substituting dried cranberries for the raisons. It is one of my most requested recipes.