Full of zesty flavor, this salad tastes especially good paired with grilled hamburgers, according to Donna Dell of McPherson, Kansas. "After my youngest daughter left for college, I adjusted the recipe to serve just two, and it still satisfies," she says.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole cashews
- In a small bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, onion, raisins
- and bacon. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving. Yield: 2
F.Y.I.- The romance copy spells the contributor's name "Adell". Everywhere else it's spelled "Dell".
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 333 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.