Floret Salad Recipe
Full of zesty flavor, this salad tastes especially good paired with grilled hamburgers, according to Donna Dell of McPherson, Kansas. "After my youngest daughter left for college, I adjusted the recipe to serve just two, and it still satisfies," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 2/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole cashews
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 333 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC