Floret Pasta Toss Recipe
This refreshing salad from kari Congenie of Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois is fast to prepare because you can slice the vegetables while the pasta cookes. "I just threw it together, adding flavors that suited my taste buds," Kari notes. "Feel free to add a few of your own."
- 8 ounces uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Floret Pasta Toss in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p21
Reviews for Floret Pasta Toss(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2011
I really like this pasta salad. I made it with the pizza burgers on the same page. I used red onion and 3 T. balsamic vinegar.