Floret Pasta Toss Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 116 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.