Floret Pasta Toss
This refreshing salad from kari Congenie of Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois is fast to prepare because you can slice the vegetables while the pasta cookes. "I just threw it together, adding flavors that suited my taste buds," Kari notes. "Feel free to add a few of your own."
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield:
- 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 116 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.