Floret Pasta Toss Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
1 filled pita half: 116 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 vegetable
Reviews for Floret Pasta Toss
"I really like this pasta salad. I made it with the pizza burgers on the same page. I used red onion and 3 T. balsamic vinegar."