- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in noodles; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook until noodles are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Florentine Tomato Soup in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p17
Reviews for Florentine Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2013
"I didn't really care for this. It turned out very thick, and was extremely bland even after I added a few pinches of salt to my bowl. Fairly hearty for a soup, due to its thickness, but not something I'd make again."