- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in noodles; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook until noodles are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Florentine Tomato Soup in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p17
Reviews for Florentine Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2013
"I didn't really care for this. It turned out very thick, and was extremely bland even after I added a few pinches of salt to my bowl. Fairly hearty for a soup, due to its thickness, but not something I'd make again."