Our Test Kitchen assembled this easy dish with leftover rice. The spinach, red peppers, cheese and pine nuts make it a vibrant accompaniment to any meal.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- In a skillet, saute red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the
- spinach, onion, garlic, rosemary and pepper; cook until spinach is
- wilted. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts; cook for
- 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.