Florentine Rice Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a skillet, saute red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the spinach, onion, garlic, rosemary and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 185 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Florentine Rice
"I think this recipe is absolutely delicious! I've cooked it several times."