Our Test Kitchen assembled this easy dish with leftover rice. The spinach, red peppers, cheese and pine nuts make it a vibrant accompaniment to any meal.
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- In a skillet, saute red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the spinach, onion, garlic, rosemary and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Florentine Rice in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p45
Reviews for Florentine Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012
"I think this recipe is absolutely delicious! I've cooked it several times."