Florentine Meatballs Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 32 balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 24-28 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Save half of the meatballs for Italian Stroganoff (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. In a large saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce; add the remaining meatballs. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings plus 16 cooked meatballs.
1 cup (calculated without spaghetti) equals 403 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 1,197 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.