Because these meatballs freeze and reheat well, we use them as a quick addition to spaghetti, on subs or as an appetizer. —Louise Graybiel, Toronto, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 32 balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 24-28 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Save half of the meatballs for Italian Stroganoff (recipe also in
- Recipe Finder) or save for another use. In a large saucepan, heat
- spaghetti sauce; add the remaining meatballs. Serve with spaghetti.
- Yield: 4 servings plus 16 cooked meatballs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without spaghetti) equals 403 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 1,197 mg sodium,