- stir in the almonds, cherries and currants. Spread evenly into
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or just until filling is set. Cool completely
- on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove florentine from pan. With a sharp knife, trim edges of crust;
- discard the trim. Cut lengthwise into six strips; cut each strip
- into 16 triangles.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip
- the short side of each triangle into candy coating; place on waxed
- paper. Drizzle with additional candy coating. Let stand until set.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 149 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.