Florentine Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted. Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain pasta and add to the soup. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Yield: 5 cups.
1 cup: 275 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Florentine Chicken Soup
"I agree with the previous person. This recipe needs no changes except that you should make a double batch:) Delicious."
"I always change a recipe BUT not this one ---Love it just the way it is !! I am now gluten free so i add G/F pasta now."
"Delicious!! I added chopped artichoke hearts and a bit more broth - instantly a top 5 recipe for us. Try it!!!!"
"I loved this easy to make soup. It's just me so there was plenty left for me to eat for lunch the next day."
"I substituted chopped sun-dried tomatoes for the red peppers. Delicious!"
"Very good! the liquid seemed like it should be more like a thicker sauce instead of a soup base, but it was still very good."
"I love this soup, but I have a family of 7 (3 teenage boys and 2 adult men) now that my parents moved in with us. Do you have a larger version of this recipe by any chance?"
"I love this yummy soup, and it tastes great with homemade breadsticks!"