Florentine Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Ragu® Classic Alfredo
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted. Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain pasta and add to the soup. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Yield: 5 cups.
1 cup equals 275 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.