Florentine Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Ragu® Classic Alfredo
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted. Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and add to the soup. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Florentine Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"I agree with the previous person. This recipe needs no changes except that you should make a double batch:) Delicious."
"I always change a recipe BUT not this one ---Love it just the way it is !! I am now gluten free so i add G/F pasta now."
"Great soup. Different than your basic chicken noodle. I used fresh bel pepper and sauteed it before adding the rest of the ingredients. Came out wonderful!"
"I had made a Pesto-Chicken Penne Casserole (recipe also from taste of home) and wanted a different recipe to use some of my left-over ingredients. This soup did the trick! It was positively delicious and the rosemary really makes the soup."
"This didn't come out as soup when I made it. More of a colorful casserole with a little broth."