Florentine Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted. Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and add to the soup. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Florentine Chicken Soup(10)
Sort By :
I always change a recipe BUT not this one ---Love it just the way it is !! I am now gluten free so i add G/F pasta now.
Great soup. Different than your basic chicken noodle. I used fresh bel pepper and sauteed it before adding the rest of the ingredients. Came out wonderful!
I had made a Pesto-Chicken Penne Casserole (recipe also from taste of home) and wanted a different recipe to use some of my left-over ingredients. This soup did the trick! It was positively delicious and the rosemary really makes the soup.
This didn't come out as soup when I made it. More of a colorful casserole with a little broth.
Delicious!! I added chopped artichoke hearts and a bit more broth - instantly a top 5 recipe for us. Try it!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Nut Recipes >