- oil for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add
- spinach and garlic; cook just until spinach is wilted. Stir in
- flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg
- yolk; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold
- into vegetable mixture. Transfer to prepared dish; sprinkle with
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is puffed and center
- appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 223 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.