Floral Ice Bowl
Bowl folks over at your Easter gathering with this frozen serving bowl from our Test Kitchen. I can be made days in advance and kept frozen until ready to use.
1 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- Assorted herbs and edible flowers such as mint, chamomile, pansies, nasturtiums, etc. or colorful silk flowers and leaves
- 1-quart and 2-1/2-quart freezer-proof glass bowls
- Ice cubes
- Freezer tape
- Wooden skewers
- If you are using herbs and edible flowers, wash blossoms and leaves
- and pat dry. If you are using silk flowers and leaves, wash them
- gently in warm sudsy water, rinse and let air-dry.
- Fill the 2-1/2-qt. bowl half full with water. Arrange herbs and
- flowers or silk flowers and leaves to completely cover surface of
- the water. Place the 1-qt. bowl on top of flowers so there is about
- 1 in. of space between the bowls. Fill the 1-qt. bowl with ice
- cubes. Place freezer tape across both bowls to hold them in place.
- Place the taped bowls in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ice
- crystals form on top to the water.
- Using a wooden skewer, place additional herbs or leaves and flowers
- between the sides of the bowls. Return bowls to the freezer.
- Checking periodically on the bowls, continue to add and reposition