Flock of Geese Chicken Salad
Named for a time-honored quilt pattern, this salad flies high with a combination of chicken, red grapes, crisp celery and crunchy cashews. Its pleasant, creamy dressing is delicious and simple to make.
—Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds), cooked and cubed
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 cups salted cashews halves
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a
- small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar; mix well.
- Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 395 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.