Named for a time-honored quilt pattern, this salad flies high with a combination of chicken, red grapes, crisp celery and crunchy cashews. Its pleasant, creamy dressing is delicious and simple to make. —Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds), cooked and cubed
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 cups salted cashews halves
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar; mix well. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Flock of Geese Chicken Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flock of Geese Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review