"Your family is sure to enjoy this easy pizza that you flip over before serving," notes Karen Duncan of Franklin, Nebraska. "We like it in summer when we don't want to heat up the house."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) pizza sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Crumble beef into a microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with celery, onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring once; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and salt.
- Combine biscuit mix and milk just until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 9-in. circle; place over meat mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into crust comes out clean. Invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flip-Over Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p51
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Flip-Over Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review