- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Sort beans and rinse with cold water. Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- Place beans in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, onions, garlic and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beans are almost tender. Add the chicken, chilies and salt; cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beans are tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Flavorful White Chili
Sort By :
I used slow cooked pork-butt instead of chicken
Didn't care for the spice mixture.
This is always a hit and my favorite white chili recipe.