Flavorful White Chicken Chili Recipe
Lime, cumin and cilantro really create a burst of flavor in this chicken chili. It's a healthier alternative to traditional chili, but is absolutely delicious.—Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen white corn
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Sour cream, shredded white cheddar cheese and/or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool.
- 2. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cube chicken and return to pan. Mash half of the beans. Add all of the beans, corn and lime juice to chicken mixture. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 3. Serve with sour cream, cheese and cilantro if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC